The Schema Workshop
Available Schema Workshops
|Dec. 6-7, 2014||Ann Arbor, MI, USA
with Marian Volkman,|
Contact: Ability Enhancement Services
Phone: 734-662-6864Register Now!
No dates currently available. Please contact your local trainer for schedule and availability
Life Stress Reduction - Case Planning Workshop Time: (Standard) 2 - 3 Days
Schema work is essentially life planning. It is done in what we call consultation mode, a form of coaching, which unlike other Applied Metapsychology programs, involves some practitioner analysis, while still remaining as person centered as possible.
Schema coaching is a method for use when a viewer's needs motivation, has difficulty choosing a direction in life, is unsure of his/her goals, or has difficulty in reaching goals. Schema work also meets the needs of viewers whose lives are too chaotic to allow them to benefit from regular Applied Metapsychology sessions.
This course teaches a systematic approach to examining and streamlining the path to achieving our goals in life. It also provides effective tools for overcoming emotional charge accumulated after past failures and tools for formulating new goals.
As demonstrated through examination and supervised activities, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the life domains
- Practice clarification of core values
- Compare a specialized Schema to a generalized Schema Program
- Discuss goal setting based on a client's core values
- Compare a client's stated aims and what s/he is actually doing in life
- Assess communication methods appropriate to the client's situation
- Assess the client's readiness for the Schema Program
- Design specific life plans
- Practice the Schema Program in dyads
- Discuss follow-up strategies
- Theory of Schemas
- The six domains
- The structure of a Schema
- Theory of having
- Having as a subjective state
- Problems as having
- Rules of Consultation
- The Schema Program
- Goals and ideals
- Modus operandi and policies
- Action programs